- Registration for participating in the ECF system in the Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of North Carolina begins by reading, filling out and submission of the registration form. See Attachment A.
- Upon completing the training required by the court, a properly registered attorney admitted to practice in this court may become a Filing User. A Filing User is defined by the Local Bankruptcy Rules as a person who has been issued a log-in and password by the court, in order to file documents electronically.
- Once registered, a Filing User may withdraw from participation in the system. Upon the receipt by the Clerks Office of a request to withdraw from participation the participant’s password will be cancelled
- A Filing User must protect and secure the password issued by the court. If there is any reason to suspect the password has been compromised in any way, it is the duty and responsibility of the Filing User to immediately notify the court. This should include the resignation or reassignment of the person with authority to use the password. The attorney/participant should change the password immediately.
- It is strongly recommended that each Filing User periodically change his or her password for security reasons