Voice Case Information System (VCIS)
The United States Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of North Carolina, is pleased to make VCIS (Voice Case Information System) available to the public. To use this service, a caller is prompted to enter either a debtor's name, case number, or social security number/tax id number. The service is free and can be accessed by dialing 866-222-8029 from a touch tone phone.
To use the system, after dialing the above number, do the following:
- Select a Language (Press 1 for English)
- Press 14 for NCMB
- Press 2 to search by case number
- Enter 4 digit case year
- Enter 5 digit case number
This voice response system provides a caller with the following information:
- case number
- filing date
- attorney name
- trustee name
- judge name
- case status
- date closed
- date discharged
- How do I get information about a case?
- How can I verify if someone has filed for bankruptcy?
- Can you remove an opinion from the website? It has my name, and occurred a long time ago.
- How do I get a copy of my discharge papers?
- I need to amend a claim that was originally filed with the Chapter 13 Trustee’s office. When I check the box on the form to indicate the amendment, the claim number assigned to the original claim by the Trustee’s office does not appear in the box. What do