I need to amend a claim that was originally filed with the Chapter 13 Trustee’s office. When I check the box on the form to indicate the amendment, the claim number assigned to the original claim by the Trustee’s office does not appear in the box. What do

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version
Electronic POC FAQ

All Chapter 13 claims filed before July 1, 2008, are on record in the Chapter 13 Trustee’s office but are not recorded on the Court’s claims registers. If you know the date your original claim was filed with the Trustee’s office, you may enter that information. If not, simply check the box to indicate the amendment. A new claim number will be assigned and the claims register will indicate that the claim is an amendment. The Trustee’s office will be able to reconcile the amendment with the claim on file in that office.