How do I get information about a case?

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version
Common FAQ

There are several ways you can get information:

  • If you have access to a computer with internet access, you can get access to the Court’s electronic records through PACER by selecting the menu option "Case Info from the Court's website.
  • In order to use PACER, you must open a PACER account. You can do that by calling (800) 676-6856 or (210) 301-6440 to get a registration form.You may register online at
  • You may also come into the court and use the public service computers to view electronic records for no fee. See our website for Court Locations and Directions.
  • You can access the Voice Case Information System (VCIS) 24 hrs, 7 days a week by dialing (866) 222-8029 to obtain the most requested case information automatically. To access this system please follow the instructions on the VCIS information page.