How do I get a copy of my discharge papers?

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version
Common FAQ

You have several options-

  • Contact your attorney
  • Visit the clerk's office. The fee for copies is 10 cents per page.
  • You can make a request for copies by mail to:

U.S. Bankruptcy Court
Middle District of North Carolina
Attn: Clerks Office
P.O. Box 26100
Greensboro, NC  27402-6100

Please make sure your letter request includes your full name, case number, and the name of the documents you are requesting. Provide a self-addressed and postage-paid envelope large enough to return your requested documents. The fee for copies is 10 cents per page.

  • You can sign up for electronic access to case information. You can subscribe to PACER Service which will allow you access to all Bankruptcy case records and you will be able to print case documents yourself.  To receive more information about PACER Service you can visit the website: or telephone the PACER Service Center at (800) 676-6856 between the hours of 8:00am to 6:00pm Monday - Friday CST.