How can I verify if someone has filed for bankruptcy?

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version
Common FAQ
  • If you have a PACER account, you can search using the PACER Case Locator.
  • You can visit the courthouse and use a public terminal.
  • If you know the social security number, you can use the VCIS system. It's a toll free call to 1-866-222-8029. See VCIS instructions here.