Unclaimed Funds Search

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version

Unclaimed funds are funds held by the court for an owner or recipient who is entitled to the money, but who has failed to claim ownership of it. Most unclaimed funds arise when dividends (assets) are distributed by the trustee to creditors pursuant to settlement of a bankruptcy case, but the property goes unclaimed.

Creditors desiring to recover funds previously submitted to the treasury as unclaimed may do so by filing Form 1340 Application for Payment of Unclaimed Funds, a Proposed Order, either a AO 213 form or IRS W-9 form and proof of identity.

For detailed instructions for requesting payment of unclaimed funds, click here (pdf document). NOTE that either an AO 213P form or an IRS Form W-9 is REQUIRED to claim funds.

U.S. Courts Unclaimed Funds Locator - click here